Monday, January 9, 2012

a Year's anniversary of Running: Bull Run 2012

65/365 bullrun

A year ago, I started in competitive running with my first ever fun run, the Bull run 2011. I placed 55th out of 570 participants in the 3k division. A year had passed. I have participated in dozens of races, evolving to 5k,10k,15k,16k and 21k respectively.

Planning to join half marathons later in the year, I opted to join the 16k instead.

Prior to the race, I have trained continuously for this race, making sure I had least a Physical activity per day and placing more vegetables on my diet.

Photobucket


I luckilly arrived with time to spare on the race, good thing that it was still dark when they started the run since this meant less time to be exposed in the heat of the sunlight and more efficient running due to the lower temperature.

Photobucket


As expected, I started slow but finished strong, I was even surprised that I didn't have long walking breaks at the flyover en route back to bgc.

Race support was great, unlike last year. There was overflowing Pocari seat and water as bananas to boot.

In the end, the result: A new 16k PR! 2:05:35 That's about a six minute improvement over my last PR which was held at moa/roxas blvd area which had no hills, this one even had 2 flyovers to boot.

The funny thing is that my loot bag contained a 21k finisher's medal instead of a 16k. They must've ran out of 16k medals, Too late when I realized it as I was already on my way home (Medal was boxed).Anyway, it's framed now so no return, no exchange.

No comments: